It is hard to believe that it is almost time for Miss Madalyn to go back to school!
She will start 2nd grade in just a few weeks!
Tonight at bedtime, we starting reading a book together ... Judy Moody Saves the World.
As we read the first chapter, I kept noticing things that could be wonder on Wonderopolis!
So I asked Miss Priss if I could borrow her book to reread the first chapter while she falls asleep!
The story opens with Judy Moody telling her brother that he should knock before he enters her room. He things she means that he should tell knock-knock jokes!
- Wonder #181 is Who Invented the Knock-Knock Joke?
- Wonder #785 is How Do You Make Your Lips Smile?
- Wonder #412 is How Do Mood Rings Work?
- All this talk about band-aids got me thinking about bandages and Wonder #597 When Does A Cut Need Stiches? as well as lots ofpast wonders about doctors!
- Picasso is one of the artists mentioned in Wonder #884 Who Was Mona Lisa?
So she refers to Picasso as "that guy who mixes people faces" and brought home a picture of a face she created with the location of the nose, eyes, and mouth all mixed up!
Look how many Wonderopolis connections we have found so far in this book ...
And we are only to page 15!