The #WonderChat held on Monday, January 9, 2017 was very inspirational and engaging. It was moderated by Angela Maiers of “YouMatter” fame and cosigned by Wonderopolis. The chat featured questions that made us research our hearts. I left the chat feeling empowered and ready to put my words to action in the name of student learning. Thanks Wonderopolis for always inspiring us the teaching and learning process. Thanks for the monthly chats and for all the new learning I along with many others garnered.
We want students to matter. They need to know they do. Here are some simple tips shared during the chat.
- Allow students to use their voice during lessons.
- Allow them to help plan.
- Utilize the many talents our students possess.
- Showcase student talent every chance we get.
- Build relatiionships with our students.
- Make positive remarks to our students.
- Encourage our students.
- Be a voice for our students.
- Support them in their efforts.
- Greet the students each morning to find out about their previous night.
- Tell them they matter.
- Spend genuine time with students.
- Converse with students about their favorites, disappointments, goals etc.
- Build a deep level of respect for the student.
- Show the students you trust them. Allow them to make decisions based on their learning.