The National Center for Families Learning (NCFL) invites adult learners to apply to be a speaker at the 2018 Families Learning Conference, held from September 24 to 26, 2018, in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
Each year during NCFL's Conference, students share their learning stories with attendees during General Sessions (a time when all attendees are gathered together at once). Having students share their stories of determination, hard work, and achievement inspires us all.
By speaking at the Families Learning Conference, student speakers receive:
- A free round-trip flight to Fort Lauderdale, Florida, from September 23 to 26, 2018
- Three free nights at the Fort Lauderdale Marriott Harbor Beach Resort & Spa
- A free registration to attend all Families Learning Conference sessions and events
- Free meals from September 23 to 26, 2018
- A professional photo taken of their family in advance of the Conference
- The opportunity to share their unique story with an audience of hundreds of attendees from around the country
- The opportunity to raise awareness of their school or program to a national audience
- A DVD recording of their speech
- Free time to enjoy the beach and pool
Students can nominate themselves and program staff can nominate students. The deadline to apply is 11:59 p.m. EDT Tuesday, May 1, 2018.