The building on the left is known as Wirth House. Wirth House is a house built in 1884 for Frederick Wirth, the final Postmaster of the Village Of Brooklyn, Ohio, before it was annexed to the City of Cleveland, Ohio. The second house belonged to Edward Belz, a solicitor and early advocate of regionalism.
The houses are located along an ancient Indian trail and an historic thoroughfare- now a county road -Harvard-Denison Ave. in the Brooklyn Centre neighborhood of Cleveland, Ohio --near the intersection with Pearl Rd (State Route 42). Both houses are endangered by possible demolition.
For more information on see
Books to feature:
The Town by Christian Broutin
The Little House by Virginia Lee Burton
1952 Disney adaptation of Little House by Virginia Burton :