|K||K.L.2A.6.||Science||LIFE SCIENCE: EXPLORING ORGANISMS AND THE ENVIRONMENT|
|K||K.12 (A)||ELA||English Language Arts and Reading, Kindergarten|
|K||2.1.||ELA||Informational Text: Structure, Comprehension and Analysis|
|K||7.1.||ELA||Listening and Speaking|
|K||K.LS.3.||Science||Life Science (LS)|
Students will read and follow the steps in a recipe, measure ingredients, and create cocoa in a crockpot for the entire class.
How does hot cocoa relate to reading and mathematics?
- Students will use the Internet and classroom resources to conduct research in order to find answers to their wonders during this lesson.
- Teacher will do a lesson on fractions and doubling fractions in a recipe.
- Teacher will show students what ½ and 1 whole cup looks like on a fraction pie.
- Teacher and students will create fraction models together.
- Students will practice drawing out fractions on notebook paper as teacher calls out examples.
- Teacher will check to be sure each student understands. Teacher will work with a small group to help those who need further explanation.
- Teacher will explain measuring cups and show students measuring cups.
- The teacher will divide the class into two groups.
- Each group will fill job of reader, supply gatherer, fraction measurer, rereader, stirrer, time keeper, recorder
- Students with assignments will do as the recipe calls, when necessary.
- Teacher will monitor the two groups and be the one to plug in the crockpot.
- Turn on high and stir every 15 minutes.
- In two hours, classroom crockpot cocoa will be ready
- Careful it will be hot. Allow to cool slightly and then enjoy!