|12th||HSN-Q.A||Math||Number and Quantity|
Students will discover places around the world that cruise lines frequent. They will be able to compare and contrast nautical miles to regular miles.
How can we calculate nautical miles from one point to another on a cruise ship?
- Teacher will explain miles.
- Teacher will demonstrate how to calculate total miles traveled.
- Students and teacher will calculate sample miles traveled together.
- Teacher will explain nautical miles.
- Teacher will demonstrate how nautical miles are calculated using a trip itinerary.
- Compare and contrast nautical miles to regular miles whole group.
- Students will divide into small groups and calculate nautical miles traveled using cruise itineraries.