|K||110.11 (F)||ELA||Figure 19 TAC, Reading/Comprehension Skills Kindergarten|
|K||110.11 (C)||ELA||Figure 19 TAC, Reading/Comprehension Skills Kindergarten|
|K||110.11 (B)||ELA||Figure 19 TAC, Reading/Comprehension Skills Kindergarten|
- Students will be able to solve a problem.
- Students will be able to retell a story.
- Students will be able to sequence story events.
Do turkeys really run?
- Read book Run, Turkey, Run aloud to whole class.
- Ask students how would they catch a turkey.
- Affirm student responses and provide more information to support what their responses.
- Divide students into three small groups.
- Group A will retell story to teacher.
- Group B will sequence story event cards.
- Independent group will view Wonder #53.
- Whole group will meet on carpet near KWL chart.
- Teacher and students will read what is on chart so far.
* This lesson play may may span two days to be sure Group A and B meet with teacher.