- become familiar with the birds that make their home in their yard or school grounds.
- demonstrate an understanding of the basic needs of animals and plants (e.g., the need for food, air and water).
- investigate the characteristics and needs of animals and plants.
- demonstrate awareness that animals and plants depend on their environment to meet their basic needs.
- Animals need food, water, shelter, and space to survive.
- Habitat is the physical area where an animal lives.
- Changes in animal habitat will impact animal life.
1. Share information recorded regarding signs of bird life, types of birds, sources of food and water, signs of shelter, and space.
2. If necessary, use photographic evidence to identify bird species. Use Cornell University's online All About Birds Bird Guide to identify unknown species.