Students will be able to analyze and explain central ideas or themes of text using key supporting details and digital media. [RL.2.2, RL 3.2, SL.K.5, SL.K1.5, SL2.5, SL.3.5, SL.4.5, SL.5.5]
Why was exaggeration used to tell stories?
- Students will write three wonders about tall tales on the Inquiring Minds chart.
- Students will write the big question in the center of their Inquiring Minds chart.
- In groups, students will investigate other tall tales and legends to verify their wonders.
- Students will record on their chart any new wonders.
- Students will record notes and key supporting details from their investigations/answers to their wonders in their journals.
- Each group will use their Inquiring Minds chart and notes to discuss their research with the class.
- Students will create their own tall tale.
- Each group’s tall tale will be recorded using digital media and shared with an authentic audience.