|K||110.11 (F)||ELA||Figure 19 TAC, Reading/Comprehension Skills Kindergarten|
|K||0.2.1.1.||ELA||Reading Benchmarks: Informational Text K-5|
|K||0.1.4.4.||ELA||Reading Benchmarks: Literature K-5|
|K||K.RI.P.4.1.||ELA||Reading – Informational Text (RI)|
|K||K.RL.LCS.10.2.||ELA||Reading – Literary Text (RL)|
Students will compare and contrast landforms, temperature, sunrise, or sunset for their current city to that of Anchorage, Alaska.
How important is the weather forecast on this (or any) race day?
- The teacher will divide the class into four groups
- Each group will pick an investigation card to determine their research focus.
- Students will use the Weather to Race handout to compare and contrast their current city to that of Anchorage, Alaska.
- Each student will record his/her findings.
- Based on their findings, students will create a weather forecast skit.
- Students will produce a video using Green Screen technology to share their report.