Joined Feb 29, 2016
- Location: Gadsden, Alabama
- Organization: Alabama Department of Early Childhood Education
- Grade: K , 1st , 2nd , 3rd , 4th , 5th , 6th , 7th , 8th , 9th
This school year brings about a new role for me in education. I am a Region 5, First Class Pre-K Education Specialist. In my new role, some of my duties are to:
-establish relationships with teachers and site directors at assigned classrooms.
-observe classroom practices,
-provide verbal and written feedback to teachers/directors regarding teaching practices,
-model behavioral and teaching strategies,
-create opportunities for teachers to model what they have learned,
-review assessment data and encourage teachers to reflect on current practices/strategies.
I absolutely love that the Pre-K teachers and I collaborate for continuous improvement in their classroom. read more...
- Biography: I am a 22 year veteran educator with 14 years as a school level administrator. I pride myself on being a continuous learner. I am an advocate for students, public education and technology across the curriculum. I am a member of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc. and Delta Kappa Gamma Society International. I serve as an External Review Team member for AdvancEd, and participate in several professional organizations to network and to grow as an educator. I am married to Steve Malone and we have two daughters and a son, Desalyn, Ebony, and DJ. I enjoy traveling, spending time with family, crafts and sewing, wondering, and reading! read more...
- Website/Blog: http://kidskissesandchaos.blogspot.com