Joined Feb 29, 2016
- Location: Gadsden, Alabama
- Organization: Alabama Department of Early Childhood Education
- Grade: K , 1st , 2nd , 3rd , 4th , 5th
- Environment: W. E. Striplin Elementary is one of eight elementary schools in the Gadsden City School district. Situated in the historic district of downtown Gadsden, our school is the academic home to 400 students. We serve a diverse student population of 33% Hispanic, 55% African American, and 12% white. We have a 1:1 tech initiative being incorporated in three grades and we have a staff that is 100% highly qualified. We love community partnerships and pride ourselves on knowing that "everyone is someone" in our building. We offer music, strings and art to our students and we embrace students and their learning through active engagement in all subject areas. We are also an Alabama Mathematics, Science and Technology Initiative site (AMSTI) and we love utilizing technology to share, to learn, and to collaborate with classrooms and people around the world. Follow us on Twitter. We are @WEStriplin. read more...
- Biography: I am a 20 year veteran educator with over 10 years as a school level administrator. I pride myself on being the lead learner in my school. I am an advocate for students, public education and technology across the curriculum. I am a member of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc. and Delta Kappa Gamma, Inc. I serve as an External Review Team member for AdvancEd, and I am a Discovery Educator Network STAR member. I am married to Steve Malone and we have two daughters. Desalyn is age 22 and Ebony is age 18. We have a 15 year old son, DJ , who keeps us busy with sports. I enjoy traveling with my husband, spending time with my siblings, nieces and nephews, cooking, wondering, and reading! read more...
- Website/Blog: http://kidskissesandchaos.blogspot.com