Joined Feb 29, 2016
- Location: Louisville, Kentucky
- Organization: National Math & Science Initiative
- Grade: 10th , 11th , 12th
- Environment: I am now serving as an English Consultant for the National Math and Science Initiative (NMSI) and an English instructor at Clark State Community College. In these roles, I facilitate teacher training in week long summer workshops for pre-AP coursework, weekend one and two day workshops for students in AP Language or AP Literature courses, present at conferences, and teach college English. I am also a Wonder Lead Ambassador and reviewer, and a social media manager for Strobel Education. I stepped out of the classroom two years ago to continue pursuing my doctoral degree in English Pedagogy & Technology at Murray State University. I am now a doctoral candidate in this program and plan to graduate May 2019. read more...
- Biography: I taught high school English, Journalism, dual-credit English, AP Literature & Language and Composition for almost 9 years at Waggener High School in Louisville, KY before leaving the classroom for the first time in February 2016 to become an instructional coach. I earned my undergraduate degree in English and my first Master's of Arts in Teaching from the University of Louisville. From there, I continued my education by earning post-baccalaureate credits in English from U of L and my National Board Certification. I then earned a Master's of Science in Library Media and my certification as a School Media Librarian. I am integrating all of these areas into my current doctoral capstone. read more...
- Website/Blog: https://www.smore.com/r0kdz