Joined Feb 29, 2016
- Location: Louisville, Kentucky
- Organization: National Math & Science Initiative
- Grade: 10th , 11th , 12th
- Environment: I am now serving as an English Consultant for the National Math and Science Initiative (NMSI) and an English instructor at Clark State Community College. In these roles, I facilitate teacher training in week long summer workshops for pre-AP coursework, weekend one and two day workshops for students in AP Language or AP Literature courses, present at conferences, and teach college English. I am also a Wonder Lead Ambassador and reviewer, and a social media manager for Strobel Education. I stepped out of the classroom two years ago to continue pursuing my doctoral degree in English Pedagogy & Technology at Murray State University. I am now a doctoral candidate in this program and plan to graduate May 2019. read more...
- Biography: I taught high school English, Journalism, dual-credit English, AP Literature & Language and Composition for almost 9 years at Waggener High School in Louisville, KY before leaving the classroom for the first time in February 2016 to become an instructional coach. I earned my undergraduate degree in English and my first Master's of Arts in Teaching from the University of Louisville. From there, I continued my education by earning post-baccalaureate credits in English from U of L and my National Board Certification. I then earned a Master's of Science in Library Media and my certification as a School Media Librarian. I am integrating all of these areas into my current doctoral capstone. read more...
- Website/Blog: https://www.smore.com/r0kdz
Oct 15, 2018
“This book is for teachers who want something better for their students and who believe in each child’s capacity for deep and creative ...0
Feb 20, 2018
Looking for ways to incorporate more African American History into your lessons? Why not use Wonderopolis? That's right, they've put together one new ...0