Joined Feb 29, 2016
- Location: Warrenville, Illinois
- Organization: National Math & Science Initiative
- Grade: 10th , 11th , 12th
- Environment: I am now serving as an English Consultant for the National Math and Science Initiative (NMSI). In this role, I facilitate teacher training in week long summer workshops for pre-AP coursework, weekend one and two day workshops for students in AP Language or AP Literature courses, and present at conferences. I am also a Wonder Lead Ambassador and reviewer, and an Item Checker for LearnZillion. I stepped out of the classroom this year to continue pursuing my doctoral degree in English Pedagogy & Technology at Murray State University. read more...
- Biography: I taught high school English, Journalism, dual-credit English, AP Literature & Language and Composition for almost 9 years at Waggener High School in Louisville, KY before leaving the classroom for the first time in February 2016 to become an instructional coach. I earned my undergraduate degree in English and my first Master's of Arts in Teaching from the University of Louisville. From there, I continued my education by earning post-baccalaureate credits in English from U of L and my National Board Certification. I then earned a Master's of Science in Library Media and my certification as a School Media Librarian. I hope to integrate all of these areas into a doctoral study in the future. read more...
- Website/Blog: www.t3llc.org
For the last several years, Alan Alda has held a competition for scientists to explain science concepts in terms that students can understand. The judges are 11-year-old kids and the scientists are world-renowned. Check it out as many of these are great instructional tools! There was one contest on the flame, one on color, and the 2018 contest topic will be announced December 2017.