Joined Feb 29, 2016
- Location: White Oak, Texas
- Organization: White Oak Middle School
- Grade: 6th , 7th , 8th
- Environment: Established in 1885, White Oak ISD encompasses 15.7 square miles in the heart of the east Texas oil field. Continued improvements and commitments to the finest educational and physical facilities have been characteristic of the White Oak school system throughout its history. The White Oak Independent School District is proud of its rich tradition and commitment to excellence in all educational endeavors. read more...
Teacher librarian Michelle Cooper is a passionate educator and enthusiastic proponent of school libraries, technology integration, collaboration with educational professionals and helping young people succeed. As an educator with eighteen years experience, she seeks opportunities to partner with teachers on projects that encourage increased student engagement and learning achievement.
Michelle is constantly striving to improve her educational practices and create innovative learning opportunities for students and colleagues. She is committed to sharing and modeling the importance of digital citizenship with students. She is a co-founder of #TXLchat on Twitter which provides a forum for Texas librarians (but not limited to Texas librarians) to create collaborative connections, share educational resources, and foster lifelong learning. Michelle provides professional development at local, state and national educational conferences. She was named the Texas Computer Education Association's 2016 Library Media Specialist of the Year. read more...
- Website/Blog: http://womslibrary.wonecks.net/ http://michellejcooper.weebly.com/
By the end of this lesson students will be able to:
- Identify the first person in space.
- Identify the first person on the Moon.
- Describe three aspects of space travel.
- Creatively plan a mission to one of the planets in the solar system.
0 Educators likes this lesson.