You have finally reached the end of your academics, and it’s time to start working on your management dissertation. Most probably, your dissertation will be the longest piece of research that you will be writing in your complete academic career. It will also play an important role in career building and open new prospects in the area of your specialization.
The topic you choose for your management dissertation holds a lot of importance as your complete effort will be directed towards it. You will be spending a lot of time researching about it and analyzing the various aspects of your management dissertation topic.
Therefore, today we are going to highlight some very important factors which you must consider while making a choice of your dissertation topic.
1. Interesting – The topic which you are going to choose should be interesting to you and not your supervisor. It’s you who would be spending hours working on it. Thus, you must enjoy your work so that you are able to do it with complete dedication. Choosing an uninteresting topic will not only make your paper dull, but it will be clearly visible in your writing. Try to dig out your field of interest and choose the topic which excites you most.
2. Latest – Choosing a topic that does not hold any relevance in today’s world is not at all a good idea. Not only will you not be able to find much research material about it, but it won’t be as attention-grabbing as it should be. A topic that reflects today’s world and the challenges faced by the generation today will surely impress the reader.
3. Convenient – By convenience here, we mean that the topic should have enough scope for research. Neither it should be too broad that you are not able to manage it nor too narrow that it becomes difficult for you to find relevant content. Also, do not pick up a topic that is too difficult to comprehend, and you have to spend a lot of time untangling the strings.
4. Originality – As this is the first time for most of the students to write a management dissertation, they often feel that they are going to choose something extremely out of the box. But originality does not mean coming up with an idea which no one has thought before. If you select a completely new topic, you will not be able to find much research material, and you may get stuck in between. You can choose something which is existing, but you are looking at it from a different perspective.
5. Seek Tutor’s advice – There should be mutual consent between you and your tutor regarding the topic of your management dissertation. He should be well-versed in the field and have good knowledge about the topic to be able to mentor you.
Hope you are now well-aware of how you have to select a suitable topic for your management dissertation. Following the above tips will assist you in picking the right topic for you.
Summary: In this article, you will learn about the factors which will affect the choice of your management dissertation topic.
Latest Posts from Our Community:
It's all too easy to dismiss highly efficient people like robots or wizards. However, by learning how they function effectively and solve the ...0